Monday, March 12, 2012

it's all on the surface

In my opinion, the Americans celebrate everything superficial. On Christimas Eve, we had dinner on with my host families relatives and on Christmas Morning the kids got prestens, but that was only way to celebrate Christmas. In Germany we spent three days with our relatives, we have a lot of meals and we play with our new toys. My host parents in contrast went to work on December 26th. A few days ago my host kid had his birthday, but we didn't either celebrate that the way I know. In the morning there was a "Happy Birthday" and then he want to school. After school he had to go directly to swimming and finally when he got home there were two prestens from me to him and he opened them. We ordered pizza and had one piece of cake after. When he was in bed my host mom told me that she forgot to give him the prestens. I am wondering whether that is usually?! In Germany we have a table with a lot of presents and a cake in the morning. We are supposed to open them before school. After school there are mostly some relatives over at our house to have cake and dinner. We are getting more presents and we have lots of fun with our guests. Why is it so different?

3 comments:

  1. It's very interesting that American and Germany celebrate birthdays. In my country they only celebrate kid who are 1 to 3 years old,but we don't celebrate birthdays for oldest people, like Americans and Germans do. I like Americans and Germans way though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont like celebrate birthday with my friends and my famlily, i dont know why. I just want quite birthday. In China, if you have money, you can celebrate every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like celebrate for my birthday. because that time I can meet all my friend and play with them. for this reason, every year, I got celebrate for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete