Wednesday, January 25, 2012

German kids vs. American kids

Since I've been here in Chicago I am observing the differences between German kids and American kids. The kids in Germany go to school until noon and they have lunch at home. After school there is enough time to do homework, to meet friends or to do some sports activities. Most people usually have dinner around 6 pm.
In contrast the American kids go to school until 3 or 4 pm and they do have lunch at school. When they get home they first have a snack, then they do their homework and maybe they also have to do some instrument practicing. Around 5 pm they have dinner and after dinner they take a bath and get ready for bed. When everything is done there might be time for playing. So, I think the German kids have way more free time to play and to be a child. A very important aspect for me is, that the German kids can play by themeselves and don't have to be entertaint all day long like the kids in the United States. Now I can say that I am very happy that I grew up in Germany. But I think the education is different in every single country all over the world. Because all of us are coming from different countries, you might understand what I am talking about?
Don't forget: A child will always be a child equal the education.

3 comments:

  1. Different counties have different cultures, of course include the ways of education. In china, the students study in school whole day. In fact, they do thier sport in weekend. So I think there is no fair in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing in Africa too. But I am disagree with you because America kids have time too. For example they start at 8:00am to 3:00pm so, they can do their homework after that just for 2 or 3 hours this is for the students who do slow work but, if they are fast 1 to 2 hours is enough for them. And since they are teenagers they should not have to go out but, just study for their educations. Also I like the lunch eating at school because you will have different food from home. And many people came from different countries for eduction here in America because it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In south korea, most kids are have to study in school at 9:00 - 12:30. it is very cool. however every countries have their own culture. so they are satisfie with their culture..

    ReplyDelete